After three days of play, Ali Eslami claimed victory in the 2022 World Sequence of Poker Event #36: $1,500 Seven Card Stud Hey-Lo 8 or Higher for $135,260 and his first ever WSOP gold bracelet.
The match drew a total of 471 entries and generated a prize pool of $628,785. Accurate 71 of those gamers made the cash and when all used to be mentioned and executed, Eslami took the ideal slice.
He overcame Chris Papastratis in heads-up play to stable the capture interior Bally’s Event Centre. Papastratis, who correct had $11,399 in recorded match earnings, took dwelling his largest ever payday – cashing for $83,598.
Event #36: $1,500 Seven Card Stud Hey-Lo 8 or Higher Final Table Results
|1||Ali Eslami||United States||$135,260|
|2||Chris Papastratis||United States||$83,598|
|3||Jeff Madsen||United States||$58,537|
|4||Scott Lake||United States||$41,693|
|6||Kenny Hsiung||United States||$22,287|
|7||John Holley||United States||$16,737|
|8||David Arganian||United States||$12,801|
Eslami, who had correct booked his first match capture in over ten years, used to be buoyed by the expertise.
“I’m feeling enormous truly, especially as I have not been playing poker for six years or something, in an effort to come attend and salvage the capture is broad,” he suggested PokerNews.
Alternatively, there used to be no time to waste for Eslami, who used to be already planning his next bracelet hunt.
“I don’t know how gradual they’re playing in the $10,000 Seven Card Stud 8 or better, nevertheless that started this day. So I truly feel love I might perchance well serene stagger play, lawful? I mean, that’s the championship match. Is never in any admire times this roughly love a qualifier this day?” he mentioned.
Eslami did indeed shuffle off to play in that match after the interview. Sooner than he left, Eslami gave a tribute to a chum who had lately departed and devoted the capture to him.
“I prefer to dedicate this to Chad Brown, who passed a ways flung from most cancers. Many poker gamers, knew him. He used to be a epic, and it [Stud] used to be one in all his current video games, too. We possess been very obliging guests, and we talked a lot about the sport too. So this one goes out to Chad.”
Final Day Recap
The day started with 15 gamers nevertheless that number used to be instant slashed down to nine. Early exits in the day included Kirill Tsyngalev, Pearce Arnold, Brian Scholl, Chad Campbell, Teemu Kangasvieri and Jon Kyte.
John Bunch fell next and his elimination marked the open of the legitimate closing desk. Kenny Hsiung ousted Bunch with two pair, after the outdated failed to hit his plump dwelling and flush outs.
Final desk brief stack David Arganian used to be the first closing desk casualty. He might perchance well now not develop a low for half of the pot with Jeff Madsen’s sevens up ultimate ideal.
One in every of the most talkative gamers on the desk, John Holley, had entertained many for the duration of the old couple of days alongside with his desk chat nevertheless he lost his tell after being despatched by Eslami and Thomas Taylor.
Hsiung, who had been one in all the larger stacks for the duration of the day, suffered the baddest beat of the day. He had commute aces on fifth avenue and ended up with an ace-high flush by seventh avenue. Eslami had diversified suggestions and ended up catching working fives to develop a plump dwelling to ship the one-time WSOP bracelet winner out in sixth situation.
Taylor instant followed him out of the door to space up four-handed play. Then following the elimination of Scott Lake, the closing three gamers took their positions.
The three finalists, Eslami, Papastratis and Jeff Madsen exchanged the chip lead several occasions earlier than Madsen hit the rail. He might perchance well now not beat Papastratis’ two pair or Eslami’s low to continue to exist.
Heads-up play lasted for correct below an hour, and in that point it used to be all Eslami. Papastratis failed to search out any momentum against his nemesis. The final hand of the day noticed Papastratis develop aces up, nevertheless Eslami had already made a wheel on fifth avenue and held to eye out the match.
This concludes PokerNews’ protection of the match, nevertheless there might be serene loads extra to come from the 2022 WSOP, so develop definite to retain it locked in.
Calum has been a segment of the PokerNews team since September 2021 after working in the UK vitality sector. He played his first hand of poker in 2017 and straight fell in admire with the sport. Calum’s proudest poker achievement is a success the most efficient match he has ever played in Las Vegas, the prestigious $60 Flamingo evening match.
- 1 Cannot Stay Kopp: Katie Kopp Wins First Bracelet of the 2022 WSOP
- 2 David Peters Wins 2022 WSOP Event #2: $100K Excessive Roller Bounty for 4th Gold Bracelet
- 3 Scott Seiver Wins 4th Bracelet in 2022 WSOP Event #3: $2,500 Freezeout NLH ($320,059)
- 4 For a Higher Cause: Brad Ruben Wins 4th Bracelet in 2022 WSOP Event #4: $1,500 Dealer’s Desire
- 5 Dan Smith Captures 1st Bracelet; Wins 2022 WSOP Event #6: $25K Heads-Up Championship
- 6 Norbert Szecsi Captures The Third Bracelet of his Profession on the 2022 WSOP
- 7 Manig ”Ohio77” Loeser Wins 2nd Online Bracelet in as Many Years
- 8 Amnon Filippi Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #7: $1,500 Omaha Hey-Lo 8 or Higher ($252,718)
- 9 Chad Eveslage Wins 2022 WSOP Event #8: $25,000 Excessive Roller ($1,415,610)
- 10 Alex Livingston Wins 2022 WSOP Event #9: $1,500 Seven Card Stud ($103,282)
- 11 Henry Acain Wins 2022 WSOP Event #5: $500 The Housewarming ($701,215)
- 12 Raj Vohra Wins His First Bracelet on the 2022 WSOP; Takes Down the $600 Deepstack
- 13 Ben Diebold Wins 2022 WSOP $10,000 Dealer’s Desire 6-Handed Championship ($299,488)
- 14 Jake Schindler Wins First Bracelet and $1,328,068 in Event #12: $50,000 Excessive Roller
- 15 First Time’s the Charm: Michael Moncek Wins Event #13: $1,500 Limit Lend a hand’em
- 16 Frenchman Leo Soma Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Event #14: $1,500 Six-Handed No-Limit Lend a hand’em ($456,889)
- 17 Dominick Sarle Wins 2022 WSOP Event #17: $2,500 Blended Triple Plot Lowball ($164,243)
- 18 Bryan Schultz Wins 2022 WSOP Event #18: $1,000 Freezeout No-Limit Lend a hand’em ($330,057)
- 19 Stefan Lehner Wins First Bracelet in Event #16: $3,000 No-Limit Lend a hand’em ($558,616)
- 20 Denis Nesterenko Wins Event #20: $1,500 Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Plot ($108,250)
- 21 Tong Li Wins $1,467,739 and First Bracelet in Event #19: $25,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Excessive Roller
- 22 Adam Friedman Wins Fifth WSOP Gold Bracelet in Event #22: $10,000 Seven Card Stud Championship
- 23 Brian Altman Captures His Maiden WSOP Bracelet in the Online $400 Extremely Deepstack
- 24 Christopher Chatman Flips to Eradicate First WSOP Bracelet in Event #24: $1,000 Flip & Saunter
- 25 Seize Wazwaz Ships Event #25: $800 No-Limit Lend a hand’em Deepstacks For $358,346
- 26 Mike Jukich Wins the $1,500 Monster Stack on the 2022 WSOP For $966,577
- 27 K9 & Canines Lucky for Jonathan Cohen in Event #26: $10,000 Limit Lend a hand’em Championship ($245,678)
- 28 Michael Simhai Hits the Imprint in 2022 WSOP Event #27: Shootout NLH ($240,480)
- 29 Robert Cowen Wins Bracelets in Reduction-to-Reduction Years; Binks $50K PLO Excessive Roller for $1.4M
- 30 Maxx Coleman Wins Elusive First Bracelet in the $1,500 No-Limit 2-7 Lowball Plot
- 31 15 Years in the Making: Daniel Weinman Nabs 1st Bracelet in Event #30: $1,000 PLO
- 32 Nino Ullmann Wins His First WSOP Bracelet in the $3K NLHE 6-Max Event
- 33 Brian Hastings Captures Sixth Bracelet in Event #31: $10,000 Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Plot Championship
- 34 Musician Steve Albini Wins (And Breaks!) 2nd Bracelet in 2022 WSOP $1,500 H.O.R.S.E.
- 35 Lok Chan Wins 2022 WSOP Event #35: $2,500 Blended Spacious Guess on First Saunter back and forth to WSOP ($144,338)
- 36 Ali Eslami Takes Down Event #36: $1,500 Seven Card Stud Hey-Lo 8 or Higher for $135,260 and Maiden WSOP Bracelet