Day 51 of the 2021 World Sequence of Poker (WSOP) featured some other beefy day of poker action on the Rio All-Suite Lodge & Casino in sunny Las Vegas with four events taking half in out to their conclusion. Day 1a of The Closer and the $50,000 Pot-Restrict Omaha High Roller also played out while the final table of the $250,000 Neatly-behaved High Roller was once established.
It was once a staunch day for the Brits on the WSOP as English poker pro Benny Glaser secured WSOP bracelet number four and Welsh PLO specialist Robert Cowen captured his maiden WSOP title.
Jason Wheeler and Ole Schemion also won their first WSOP gold bracelets while Adrian Mateos received the chip lead heading into the $250,000 Neatly-behaved High Roller final table. Osman Ihlamur bagged tall on Day 1a of The Closer and Laszlo Bujtas leads the pack after his performance on Day 1 within the PLO High Roller.
Read on to learn about what took space on Day 51 of the 2021 WSOP.
2021 WSOP Stay Reporting Hub
Notice the general are living-action because it occurs from the 2021 World Sequence of Poker in Las Vegas!
Benny Glaser In the terminate Gets 2021 WSOP Bracelet After Successful Tournament #78: $10,000 Razz Championship
The 2021 WSOP Tournament #78: $10,000 Razz Championship attracted 109 avid gamers who generated a prize pool of $1,016,425. After four days of play, the UK’s Benny Glaser emerged victorious to employ a $274,693 prime prize and the fourth gold bracelet of his profession.
It was once the cherry on prime of a stable series for Glaser, who kicked things off by ending runner-as much as Jesse Klein in Tournament #2: $25,000 H.O.R.S.E. He would depart on to resolve ninth in Tournament #40: $10,000 H.O.R.S.E. Championship for $31,110 adopted by third in Tournament #49: $10,000 NL 2-7 Lowball Blueprint Championship for $132,685. So, was once the victory a redemption of kinds?
“Fully, yeah. I was once upset with the 2d and third,” Glaser admitted. “I was once a tall chip chief in both of those and it seemed esteem the beget was once in take into consideration for both, which made it form of extra disappointing. Makes this beget extra luscious after tasting that newest disappointment.”
Glaser, who before the beget had $2,670,003 in tournament earnings in accordance with The Hendon Mob, won his first bracelet serve in 2015 when he took down Tournament #33: $1,500 Restrict 2-7 Lowball Triple Blueprint for $136,215. His other two got right here the next yr within about a days of one some other. First, he won the 2016 WSOP Tournament #26: $1,500 Omaha Hello-Lo 8 or Better for $244,103 adopted by Tournament #32: $10,000 Omaha Hello-Lo 8 or Better Championship for $407,194.
“I’m feeling unparalleled. There non-public been a pair of rough hands where he took the lead and it began to if reality be told feel less luscious, but within the cease, I mediate that made the beget even extra luscious,” Glaser said.
2021 WSOP Tournament #78 Final Desk Outcomes
|1||Benny Glaser||United Kingdom||$274,693|
|2||Everett Carlton||United States||$169,773|
|5||John Monnette||United States||$68,025|
|6||Yehuda Buchalter||United States||$51,739|
|7||Erik Seidel||United States||$39,987|
|8||Phil Hellmuth||United States||$31,411|
Ole Schemion Secures First Ever WSOP Fill After Dominant Final Desk Uncover in Tournament #79: Poker Corridor of Popularity Bounty
After entirely two hours of play in Tournament #79: $1,979 Corridor Of Popularity Bounty No-Restrict Retain’em, it was once Ole Schemion who got right here out on prime, pleasant his first WSOP bracelet and $172,499.
“It’s now not too most continuously in are living tournaments that you just reach in first space,” said Schemion after his beget. “It’s what all of us are trying and effect but it surely feels very staunch to bustle thru a staunch field and beget one.”
The 29-yr damaged-down German pro, who resides now in Austria with his accomplice and two formative years, has an outstanding resume of over $16 million in lifetime earnings, and has composed his first are living cash in over two years.
“It has been very now not easy to play any are living poker with things how they are,” he said when discussing his absence from are living poker “I was once if truth be told craving it and it favorable feels big to reach out right here to play, now it feels even higher now that I if truth be told non-public won something.”
A relatively skilled final table was once going thru Schemion with used November niner Jerry Wong, and no 1 on the Philippines all-time money list Marc Rivera. Though he did now not rep any bounties this tournament, he composed a kindly unusual fragment of knickknack and a WSOP beget to add to his already very embellished tournament results.
2021 WSOP Tournament #79 Final Desk Outcomes
|Plight||Player||Nation||Prize (in USD)|
|5||James Alexander||United States||$37,965|
|6||Jerry Wong||United States||$27,951|
Robert Cowen Triumphs in Tournament #80: $3,000 6-Handed Pot-Restrict Omaha for $280,916
Tournament #80: $3,000 6-Handed Pot Restrict-Omaha has reach to an cease and after just about twelve hours of blazing play on Day 3 it was once Robert Cowen who emerged from an customary starting up field of 496 as the winner of his first WSOP Bracelet and the powerful prize of $280,916.
It took a dinky while for the reality to build in for the poker pro hailing from Swansea, Wales who regarded to be unruffled within the zone from the grueling day of poker but was once starting up to loosen up because of the a boisterous rail of mates who were over the moon for his or her just staunch friend.
“It’s now not somewhat sunk in yet. It’s a tall load off. I if truth be told non-public been wanting surely one of those (WSOP Bracelet) for 15 years after watching the foremost and stuff on ESPN”.
It was once a large tournament for Cowen to beget as he said he is primarily a PLO cash recreation specialist and likes to compete within the recreation of PLO first and foremost.
No matter the prefer to PLO, Cowen is exclusive off a 39th space manufacture within the Principal Tournament favorable about a days ago as he was once ready to lunge that deep bustle momentum to a bracelet tonight.
“I if truth be told non-public had lots of deep runs. I played wisely all series if truth be told; I if truth be told non-public now not made many errors it’s favorable that this one landed as the tall winner.” (Referring to his other four cashes, alongside with three prime 70 finishes in PLO events).
One amongst the foremost hands that propelled Cowen to the bracelet got right here three-handed when he was once the total manner down to one card, drawing to a king towards eventual 2d-space finisher Robert Emmerson and that king would reach to breath unusual life into Cowen’s describe to beget.
“I don’t most continuously cheer when I beget a hand but that one was once tall. And I had no doubts that I was once going to beget the tournament “
Final Desk Outcomes
|1||Robert Cowen||United Kingdom||$280,916|
|2||Robert Emmerson||United Kingdom||$173,613|
|5||William Benson||United States||$55,485|
|6||Karel Mokry||Czech Republic||$39,688|
|7||Mike Matusow||United States||$29,063|
Jason Wheeler Wins His Fist WSOP Bracelet in Tournament #81: $800 No-Restrict Retain’em Deepstack
Jason Wheeler was once crowned the winner of Tournament #81: $800 No-Restrict Retain’em Deepstack to beget his first WSOP bracelet. The American poker pro defeated a 1921 participant field and beat Columbian Julian Velasquez in heads-up play to beget the $202,274 prime prize.
Wheeler had over $4.1 million in are living earnings coming into this tournament which incorporated a 2d-space manufacture in 2009 in a $1,500 No-Restrict Retain‘em tournament where he carried out favorable wanting the WSOP bracelet that has eluded him ever since.
“My first time I purchased heads-up for a bracelet was once in 2009 and on the time I didn’t if truth be told esteem what it was once on the time because it was once my first series you perceive. It was once so manner serve, it takes see you later to be serve heads-up for a Bracelet. I played nearly every tournament that was once on the series. I if truth be told non-public been working exhausting and it feels staunch to be validated and play wisely”
Tournament 81: $800 No-Restrict Retain’em Deepstack Final Desk
|1||Jason Wheeler||United States||$202,274|
|4||Garry Gates||United States||$70,077|
|6||Shelok Wong||United States||$40,376|
|7||Ralph Massey||United States||$31,087|
|8||John O’Neal||United States||$24,165|
|9||Robert Hill||United States||$18,968|
Final Desk Plight for Tournament #82: $250,000 Neatly-behaved High Roller
Handiest 5 avid gamers remain after the money bubble was once burst leisurely on Day 2 of Tournament #82: $250,000 Neatly-behaved High Roller No-Restrict Retain’em. Adrian Mateos will lead the manner into the final day with 25,500,000 chips, a commanding lead over the rest of his opponents.
Mateos bagged up over half of the chips in play, most of which was once amassed while the short stacks navigated the money bubble leisurely on Day 2. The three-time World Sequence of Poker bracelet winner would possibly per chance be the percentages on favorite to employ his fourth title and the $3,265,362 payday that comes alongside with it.
Entering the day approach the stop of the leaderboard, Mateos purchased off to a immediate commence by doubling up thru Michael Addamo within the foremost orbit. From there, it was once barely composed sailing for the Spanish poker pro who has over $21 million in profession earnings. In the final hour of the evening, Mateos clashed with Keith Tilston in what was once the favorable pot of the evening. A four-wager pot fleet escalated between the 2 chip leaders and Mateos within the terminate forced a fold from his opponent after barrelling three streets.
Tilston will also be becoming a member of Mateos the next day to come within the final 5 as the entirely other participant to non-public won a WSOP gold bracelet. Tilston sits 2d in chips with 8,900,000 after cracking the money bubble and sending Christoph Vogelsang dwelling in sixth space. Ben Heath (6,500,000), Seth Davies (4,550,000), and John Kincaid (3,925,000) round out the rest of the sphere who will warfare for the title.
$250,000 Neatly-behaved High Roller Final Desk
|Desk||Seat||Name||Chip Depend||Reliable Blinds|
|Featured Desk||1||Ben Heath||6,500,000||26|
|Featured Desk||2||John Kincaid||3,925,000||16|
|Featured Desk||3||Adrian Mateos||25,500,000||102|
|Featured Desk||4||Keith Tilston||8,900,000||36|
|Featured Desk||5||Seth Davies||4,550,000||18|
$250,000 Neatly-behaved High Roller Final Desk Payouts
Osman Ihlamur Bags Reliable on Day 1a of Tournament #83: $1,500 The Closer
Day 1a of Tournament #83: $1500 The Closer No-Restrict Retain’em has concluded and has generated a $1,070,670 prize pool from or now not it’s 802 entrants. A entire of 121 avid gamers made the money and entirely 25 avid gamers remain.
Main the sphere is Osman Ihlamur with 1,765,000 in chips, this would possibly per chance be Ihlamur’s first cash of the 2021 World Sequence of Poker. Dimitar Danchev (1,635,000), Wesley Belding (1,620,000), Kenny Hallaert (1,250,000) and Chris Moorman (1,250,000) round out the stop 5 avid gamers who bagged tall on Day 1a.
Day 1a attracted about a notables equivalent to newest bracelet winner David Moses, 5-time bracelet winner Shaun Deeb, three-time bracelet winners David Pham and Likelihood Kornuth and fan-favorite Pat Lyons who were unable to in finding a bag on the cease of the evening.
These surviving avid gamers will return on Sunday, November 21 at 12: 00 p.m local time to play the total manner down to a winner. Play will resume at Stage 23 with blinds at 15,000/30,000 with a tall blind ante of 30,000. Day 1b will get underway Saturday, November 20 at 11 p.m. PT.
Laszlo Bujtas Leads After Day 1 of Tournament #84: $50,000 Pot-Restrict Omaha High Roller
With favorable four events final on the World Sequence of Poker agenda, the slump for Player of the Year would possibly per chance favorable be made up our minds the next day to come on Day 2 of Tournament #84: $50,000 Pot-Restrict Omaha High Roller.
Josh Arieh carried out a miraculous comeback, falling the total manner down to 14,000 chips at one point on Day 1 before ending the evening with 1,355,000. Arieh, already with two bracelets within the 2021 WSOP, leads the POY slump by just about 600 facets.
The one who’s his closest chaser, though, also bagged chips on Day 1. Phil Hellmuth was once, as routine, a leisurely entrant into the sphere and carried out the day approach the underside of the chip counts with 365,000. A beget on this tournament is now not going to utterly assemble the champion $1,188,918 and the WSOP bracelet, but this can even be worth extra than 1,000 POY facets, extra than satisfactory for Arieh both to clinch the title or Hellmuth to terminate the hole.
At the cease of 15 stages, favorable 33 avid gamers out of a starting up field of 85 survived to play Day 2 the next day to come at 2 p.m. PST. Play was once supposed to final thru Stage 17, however the resolution was once made to shorten the day by two stages, one that didn’t take a seat wisely with one of the most distinguished avid gamers.
It’s fully unacceptable that a participant can text @JackEffel and fetch the construction of the 50enough PLO changed. What i… https://t.co/0PxUjkEYEa
Laszlo Bujtas of Hungary carried out Day 1 as the chip chief, bagging 1,980,000. Bujtas has nine profession WSOP cashes and two final tables. His favorable cash was once a tall one; Bujtas carried out runner-up within the 2018 WSOP Europe Principal Tournament for $789,227.
Moral late Bujtas is Ben Lamb, who busted a participant approach the cease of the evening to manufacture with 1,750,000. Arieh, Jared Bleznick (1,270,000), and Daniel Negreanu round out the unofficial prime-5. Negreanu’s first entry into this tournament lasted him less than a stage, but his 2d bullet went powerful higher as he carried out with 1,250,000. Scott Seiver (1,070,000) and Dan Cates (1,045,000) also bagged extra than one million chips.
Additional down the leaderboard, Likelihood Kornuth (625,000), Shaun Deeb (520,000), Dan Smith (505,000), and Anthony Zinno (420,000) could non-public some catching as much as effect on Day 2 within the event that they desire to contend for the bracelet.
Prime 10 Chip Counts
|2||Ben Lamb||United States||1,755,000|
|4||Josh Arieh||United States||1,355,000|
|5||Jared Bleznick||United States||1,270,000|
|6||Alex Aleksandrovski||United States||1,130,000|
|8||Jeremy Ausmus||United States||1,125,000|
|9||Scott Seiver||United States||1,070,000|
|10||Dan Cates||United States||1,045,000|
Over the route of 10 hours of play, Brian Rast, Felipe Ramos, Jake Schindler, and Robert Mizrachi all saw their $50,000 in finding-in proceed as they hit the rail.
There are unruffled 35 avid gamers left chasing the stop prize and the bracelet and Day 2 is scheduled to play the total manner down to a winner.
- 1 2021 WSOP Day 1: Sequence Underway With Broad establish-Studded $25enough H.O.R.S.E.
- 2 2021 WSOP Day 2: Hellmuth In The Hunt For 16th Bracelet
- 3 2021 WSOP Day 3: Drinan On Direction For His 2nd Bracelet
- 4 2021 WSOP Day 4: Cornell In Pole Insist For First Bracelet
- 5 2021 WSOP Day 5: Negreanu, Matusow, Seidel, and Hellmuth Procedure within the $10K LO8 Championship
- 6 2021 WSOP Day 6: Phil Hellmuth Chasing 16th Bracelet Deep within the $10K LO8 Championship
- 7 2021 WSOP Day 7: Hellmuth Four Gamers Away From Bracelet #16
- 8 2021 WSOP Day 8: Deeb Having a peep For Bracelet #5
- 9 2021 WSOP Day 9: FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver Headlines $10K Restrict Final Desk; Racener Leads
- 10 2021 WSOP Day 10: Brian Yoon Making an are trying to in finding Fourth Bracelet
- 11 2021 WSOP Day 11: Hellmuth In The Hunt All over again; Reaches One other Final Desk
- 12 2021 WSOP Day 12: Negreanu Making an are trying to in finding Seventh Bracelet
- 13 2021 WSOP Day 13: 5 Left in Milly Maker; Marle Cordeiro Amongst Final 17 in Women Tournament
- 14 2021 WSOP Day 14: Vanessa Kade Racks Up Fifth Cash of the Sequence
- 15 2021 WSOP Day 15: Zinno On Direction For Fourth Bracelet
- 16 2021 WSOP Day 16: Kornuth Reaches Motivate-to-Motivate $10K Instant Deck Finals
- 17 2021 WSOP Day 17: Phil Hellmuth Making an are trying to in finding 16th Bracelet with 10 Last in $1,500 NL 2-7 Lowball
- 18 2021 WSOP Day 18: Elezra within the Mix For His Fifth Bracelet
- 19 2021 WSOP Day 19: David “Bakes” Baker Making an are trying to in finding Third Bracelet at $1,500 Triple Blueprint Final Desk
- 20 2021 WSOP Day 20: Friedman After a Three-Peat as Negreanu and Hellmuth Plan to Final 10 in $10K Dealer’s Choice
- 21 2021 WSOP Day 21: Addamo Flying High In But One other High Roller
- 22 2021 WSOP Day 22: Arieh Positions Himself For Bracelet #3
- 23 2021 WSOP Day 23: Gerhart, Johnson, and Shack-Harris Searching out for Third Bracelets with 5 Last in $10K H.O.R.S.E.
- 24 2021 WSOP Day 24: JC Tran Flying High within the $10K PLO
- 25 2021 WSOP Day 25: Elezra and Matusow Making an are trying to in finding Fifth Bracelets within the $10K PLO Championship
- 26 2021 WSOP Day 26: Soverel Leads the Payment within the NL 2-7 Single Blueprint Championship
- 27 2021 WSOP Day 27: Glaser Leads Final 8 $10K NL 2-7 Championship as Negreanu Alive Making an are trying to in finding Seventh Bracelet
- 28 2021 WSOP Day 28: Stars Turn Out For $25K PLO High Roller; Deeb Flying High
- 29 2021 WSOP Day 29: Lamb Registers Late In $25K PLO and Bags Lead
- 30 2021 WSOP Day 30: Ka Kwan Lau On Direction For $25K PLO Bracelet
- 31 2021 WSOP Day 31: Kolev Leads the $10K 6-Handed NLHE Championship
- 32 WSOP 2021 Day 32: Yockey Bags $50enough Poker Gamers Championship Day 1 Chip Lead
- 33 2021 WSOP Day 33: Volpe and Cates Lead Final 35 of the $50K Poker Gamers Championship
- 34 2021 WSOP Day 34: Ryan Leng Leads Final 10 within the $50K PPC
- 35 2021 WSOP Day 35: Eli Elezra Leads Final 5 within the $50K Poker Gamers Championship
- 36 2021 WSOP Day 36: Principal Tournament Underway, Brunson Up to Former Tips
- 37 2021 WSOP Day 37: Three Bracelet-Winners Crowned as Principal Tournament Continues
- 38 2021 WSOP Day 38: Aleksandr Shevlyakov Bags Overall Chip Lead on Day 1c of the Principal Tournament
- 39 2021 WSOP Day 39: Principal Tournament Breaks Through 4,500 Entrants; Ajayi Tops Counts
- 40 2021 WSOP Day 40: Joe Hachem Motivate in Form on Day 1e of the Principal Tournament
- 41 2021 WSOP Day 41: Rameez Shahid Leads Principal Tournament as Phil Hellmuth Makes Gigantic Entrance
- 42 2021 WSOP Day 42: Principal Tournament Whittled to 2,362 Gamers
- 43 2021 WSOP Day 43: Jessica Cai Leads After Principal Tournament Bubble Bursts
- 44 2021 WSOP Day 44: Ramon Colillas Bags Day 4 Chip Lead in WSOP Principal Tournament
- 45 2021 WSOP Day 45: Aldemir Claims Principal Tournament Chip Lead After Day 5
- 46 2021 WSOP Day 46: Park Leads the Final 36 within the Principal Tournament
- 47 2021 WSOP Day 47: Yuval Bronshtein Leads Final Four in $10K Stud Hello-Lo Championship in Hunt for Third Bracelet
- 48 2021 WSOP Day 48: Lisandro Leads Hellmuth After $10,000 Razz Championship Day 1
- 49 2021 WSOP Day 49: Hellmuth Making an are trying to in finding Bracelet #17 as Dzivielevski Leads Final 14 in $10K Razz Championship
- 50 2021 WSOP Day 50: Benny Glaser Making an are trying to in finding 4th Bracelet with Heads-Up Lead in $10K Razz Championship
- 51 2021 WSOP Day 51: Glaser, Schemion, Cowen and Wheeler Get Up Bracelets; Mateos Chip Leads in $250K SHR