It modified into as soon as a protracted real climb for Leo Soma to purchase house his first WSOP bracelet in Tournament #14: $1,500 6-Handed No-Restrict Retain’em.
The event began with 2,393 entrants, nonetheless by the end of Day 3, Soma modified into as soon as the one one left standing taking house $456,889 for his efforts and naturally a WSOP gold bracelet.
Correct 16 gamers remained first and most well-known of Day 3, with Soma starting within the guts of the pack. However, he fleet soared to the chip lead sooner than the first ruin and by no method relinquished it. Correct via the day he modified into as soon as ready to revel within the unwavering toughen of a few followers, dressed in matching shirts with Soma’s face printed on them.
Any time Soma scooped a pot, they made themselves heard, with chants, singing, and banging. Thomas Schultz executed in second set, taking house $282,358 for his efforts — a brand new occupation most though-provoking money for him.
Tournament #14: $1,500 6-Handed No-Restrict Retain’em Final Desk Outcomes
|Save of living||Participant||Nation||Payout (USD)|
|2||Thomas Schultz||United States||$282,358|
|4||Daniel Wellborn||United States||$148,171|
|5||Derek Sudell||United States||$109,083|
|7||Joe Cada||United States||$61,098|
Final Day Recap
Sixteen gamers began the closing day, with five eliminated sooner than the first ruin in an action-packed launch. Maximiliano Gallardo flopped a straight flush while outmoded bracelet winner Anson Tsang and dg had been sent to the rail.
A double elimination where both Ronit Chamani and Javier Garcirreynaldos hit the rail seen Soma’s chip count proceed to climb, overtaking launch-of-day chip leader Daniel Wellborn.
Customary Major Tournament winner and four-time bracelet holder Joe Cada made it to the unofficial closing table sooner than he modified into as soon as knocked out in seventh set by Soma for $61,098.
Soma modified into as soon as on high of things, additionally sending Ivan Zhechev to the rail, sooner than Gallardo tried to shut the gap with the elimination of Derek Sudell in fifth set.
Wellborn had held on to an above-moderate stack for loads of of the match and managed to assemble a deep bustle, nonetheless Soma modified into as soon as unrelenting and sent him to the rail besides. He took house $148,171 for his fourth-set attain.
In total, Soma modified into as soon as to blame for all nonetheless one among the eliminations at the closing table, and though Timothy Schultz would double three-handed, Soma sent both him and Gallardo to the rail in hasty succession to rep victory in entrance of a raucous partisan crowd.
Defend tuned to PokerNews for continued coverage of the 53rd World Assortment of Poker from its new house at Bally’s and Paris Las Vegas
- 1 Can not Discontinue Kopp: Katie Kopp Wins First Bracelet of the 2022 WSOP
- 2 David Peters Wins 2022 WSOP Tournament #2: $100K High Roller Bounty for 4th Gold Bracelet
- 3 Scott Seiver Wins 4th Bracelet in 2022 WSOP Tournament #3: $2,500 Freezeout NLH ($320,059)
- 4 For a Bigger Trigger: Brad Ruben Wins 4th Bracelet in 2022 WSOP Tournament #4: $1,500 Vendor’s Preference
- 5 Dan Smith Captures 1st Bracelet; Wins 2022 WSOP Tournament #6: $25K Heads-Up Championship
- 6 Norbert Szecsi Captures The Third Bracelet of his Occupation at the 2022 WSOP
- 7 Manig ”Ohio77” Loeser Wins 2nd Online Bracelet in as Many Years
- 8 Amnon Filippi Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Tournament #7: $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better ($252,718)
- 9 Chad Eveslage Wins 2022 WSOP Tournament #8: $25,000 High Roller ($1,415,610)
- 10 Alex Livingston Wins 2022 WSOP Tournament #9: $1,500 Seven Card Stud ($103,282)
- 11 Henry Acain Wins 2022 WSOP Tournament #5: $500 The Housewarming ($701,215)
- 12 Raj Vohra Wins His First Bracelet at the 2022 WSOP; Takes Down the $600 Deepstack
- 13 Ben Diebold Wins 2022 WSOP $10,000 Vendor’s Preference 6-Handed Championship ($299,488)
- 14 Jake Schindler Wins First Bracelet and $1,328,068 in Tournament #12: $50,000 High Roller
- 15 First Time’s the Charm: Michael Moncek Wins Tournament #13: $1,500 Restrict Retain’em
- 16 Frenchman Leo Soma Wins First WSOP Bracelet in Tournament #14: $1,500 Six-Handed No-Restrict Retain’em ($456,889)